Assistant Service Manager
This is an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Service Manager in an expanding company with future possibilities.
Waymarks provide specialist support to people with mild to moderate learning disabilities and complex histories. The people we provide support to require skilled support in managing risks to themselves or others. This support enables people to remain living safely in the community.
We are looking to Assist our Service Manager in managing Waymarks services in stoke on trent area.
We are looking for people who are experienced in supporting people with learning disabilities and who have demonstrated their leadership abilities in other roles. You will report directly to the Service Manager for the area and support the services to be person centred and respectful whilst promoting safety. You will also be supporting services in the area to exceed CQC expectations and internal audit processes.
Each person we support has a dedicated team working for them. You will be supporting recruitment, supervision, communication, and building team togetherness for these support services. Your main duty is empowering your teams to provide the high quality support that we expect to deliver.
You will have a key role in representing Waymarks in your locality. This may involve communicating with partners and stakeholders, attending forums in the region, and having excellent communication with people we support and their families. You will use local connections to support people to live their lives to the fullest and be active members of their communities.
Other Key Info:
Due to the Location of the services you will be supporting, you will need to be a Driver for this position.
Your role and duties will be:
- Deputising for the Service Manager in their absence.
- Line managing team members and carrying out supervisions.
- Ensuring Waymarks standards are met and maintained.
- Support planning.
- Family liaison.
- Representing Waymarks at Professional and Health related meetings.
- Direct support across all local services.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Who is committed to and has an understanding of Waymarks model of support.
- Flexible, adaptable and to be able work at multiple local services.
- Able to lead by example.
- Able to prioritise their workload and manage their own time.
- Computer literate and able to coordinate a number of online rotas.
- A generous training programme, including Learning Disability Qualifications and a Diploma in Health and Social Care.
- A bespoke induction package to orientate you to the Waymarks model of support.
- A pension scheme with contribution by Waymarks.
- Employee reward scheme, where you can save money every day on shopping or even larger purchases like holidays.
- Successful applicants will undergo an Enhanced DBS check (paid for by us).
Positive about Disabled People
Waymarks value the diversity of all its employees. As a commitment to supporting disabled applicants and employees, we have been awarded the Positive about Disabled People symbol by Jobcentre Plus. This means:
- When you fill in the application form we will ask if you have a disability to make sure the application process is fair to people who have a disability.
- We will interview any person who declares they have a disability who meets the essential criteria for the job they are applying for. The essential criteria are the most important things needed to be able to do the job.
This work is interesting, often fascinating. It is rewarding, tiring, thought-provoking, satisfying and stimulating and is always fresh. You will work with a dedicated and warm group of people who have committed to this field and who have significant experience and who want you to succeed.
Apply now, if this description ticks your boxes!
- Managerial Roles